The Lucia Mar Unified School District is committed to a safe and healthy working environment for all employees. Lucia Mar is actively engaging in its public health partners, including the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Resources for our employees related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) will be updated on this site on an as-needed basis.
Employee Information and Resources
- COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave SB 114: More information to follow with guidance on how to request the supplemental paid sick leave.
- COVID-19 Testing for Lucia Mar Employees: All employees are eligible for a free COVID-19 test. The District has entered into an agreement with Aptitude Medical that allows our employees free COVID-19 Testing via saliva test at Allan Hancock College. At the first visit, share that you are an employee from Lucia Mar, you'll complete a quick registration step, and provide a copy of your insurance card. Whether an employee has insurance or not, there will be not out-of-pocket costs.
- County of San Luis Obispo Health Officer Order: Requires Masking in indoor public places. Fully vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks indoors. This requirement includes district employees and visitors at all of our sites.
- COVID-19 Daily Self-Screen Notice & Acknowledgement Form: Each employee who reports for duty onto District property must certify that they have conducted and passed a COVID-19 health screening by completing the LMUSD COVID-19 Daily Self-Screen Notice & Acknowledgement form.
- COVID-19 Health Order Vaccine Verification: Employees who are fully vaccinated may, for the purposes of this revised face covering policy as of July 16, 2021, and as of the August 11, 2021 California Department of Public Order self-attest and provide proof of their full vaccination status by completing the COVID-19 Health Order Vaccine Verification.
- Lucia Mar Unified School District COVID-19 Prevention Program: All employers, in California, including school districts, must establish an implement an effective written COVID-19 Prevention Program (CPP) pursuant to an Emergency Temporary Standard in place for COVID-19 (California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 8, section 3205(c)). The CCP is not a replacement of the District's COVID-19 Guidelines, but a tool specifically for employee safety.
- Supplemental COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave: Employees of the Lucia Mar Unified School District are entitled up to 80 hours of COVID-19 related sick leave from January 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021 in response to Senate Bill 95.
Ongoing Employee Announcements
- February 14, 2022: Lucia Mar Unified School District CDPH Guidance for he Use of Face Masks Update
- January 4, 2022: Lucia Mar Unified School District Update Regarding Testing Availability at Allan Hancock College
- November 9, 2021: Lucia Mar Unified School District Updated Testing Guidance for Symptomatic Individuals
- September 22, 2021: Lucia Mar Unified School District Vaccination Verification & Testing Requirements
- August 31, 2021: Lucia Mar Unified School District All Staff Required Masking Indoors
- August 12, 2021: Lucia Mar Unified School District All Staff Vaccination Health Order
- July 16, 2021: Lucia Mar Unified School District All Staff Face Coverings Policies and Procedures
COVID Prevention Plan (CPP) Officer: Jennifer Handy, Ed.D., Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (805) 474-3000 ext. 1190