Volunteers & Fingerprinting
School volunteers enable the teachers to provide students with additional instruction and enrichment activities by providing volunteer assistance. Volunteers are viewed as adult role models to students who can provide new and thoughtful experiences throughout their educational program. Volunteers can assist in classrooms for special functions, help supervise field trips and after school functions, and drive students to and from school functions.
Parents, students, and community members may volunteer who fulfill the mandatory volunteer requirements established by the Lucia Mar Unified School District.
STEPS TO REQUEST REGISTRATION AS AN APPROVED VOLUNTEER
- Complete a Volunteer Data Form for each school site you wish to volunteer. The form is valid for the current school year only.
- Volunteer Data Form can be completed by clicking HERE
- Please have the following documents readily available when completing the form online:
- Copy of a valid Tuberculosis Test (TB test) - optional to upload
- Copy of valid COVID-19 vaccination - optional to upload
- Copy of valid CA Driver's License - for volunteer drivers only
- Copy of valid Vehicle Insurance Policy of Personal Vehicle - for volunteer drivers only
- Copy of valid Peace Officer identification - optional for peace officers only
- Schedule an appointment in Human Resources to be fingerprinted for Lucia Mar and processed by the Department of Justice and FBI. Calendar to schedule a fingerprint appointment is located at the bottom of this page. (Fingerprint clearances from any other agencies are not accepted.)
Walk-ins are not available. Due to the volume of calls received all appointments must be made online.
If you have an urgent need to be fingerprinted for a school site/function, please have the school site secretary contact Human Resources for an expedited appointment.
Generally, processing time for fingerprints to clear is 3-5 business days. However, if someone has a prior conviction on his/her record it may take up to 30 days or longer. All volunteers in any capacity must have all of the prerequisites completed and on file with the Human Resources Office. Parents and/or guardians are not prohibited from being active in their children(s) education; however, they may be limited in volunteer capacities due to prior convictions and/or probationary periods.
To make an online booking for fingerprint appointment please make an appointment by clicking on the appropriate link below. You will be routed to the electronic LiveScan request form and follow all of the steps to arrange an appointment. Appointments reflected in the calendar are first-come, first-serve and automatically updated as appointment slots become available.
You will receive a confirmation email and instructions once the booking is complete.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO BE FINGERPRINTED
- Volunteer Fingerprinting: CLICK HERE
- School Employees, Student Teachers, and Other Site Related Positions: CLICK HERE
- Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes than your scheduled appointment time. We cannot accommodate walk-in appointments.
- Please report to your appointment with your Identification Card and the QR Code/Payment ID.