Substitutes – Aesop
The Substitute division of the Human Resources department functions as the primary source for all certificated and classified substitute employee activity. It provides information related to requesting and assignments for day-to-day, long-term, and tutors for the District. It also is responsible for all personnel transactions for substitute and on-call positions within the Lucia Mar Unified School District.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER RATE-OF-PAY
- $175.00/per day (7.5 hours inclusive of a 30 minute lunch break)
- $90/per half day (210 minutes or less)
- $190/per day for long term assignments that are 21+ consecutive days (7.5 hours includes of a 30 minute lunch break)
Interested in applying to be a substitute? Apply online: Substitute Teacher Application
Lucia Mar retiree returning as substitute: Substitute Teacher Application instructions (Retirees)
Student Teacher becoming a substitute: Substitute Teacher Application instructions (Student Teachers)
ABSENCE REPORTING FOR EMPLOYEES
Aesop Employee Access: Aesop Online – Employee
Aesop Substitute Access: Aesop Online – Substitute
All absences must be reported in the Aesop system. All absences reported into Aesop that have been approved and reconciled electronically at the site/department level will be considered final and recorded in the employees’ master record.
- How to Enter an Absence Tutorial – Click Here: Aesop Absence Tutorial
- Beginning Employee Aesop Tutorial – Click Here: Aesop Employee Beginner Training
- Advanced Employee Aesop Tutorial – Click Here: Aesop Employee Advanced Training
- Employee User Guider – Click Here: Aesop Employee User Guide
- Need Help? Click Here: Aesop Online Help
- Aesop Administrator Access: Aesop Online – Administrator
- Information Regarding Approval Process of Absences – Click Here: Aesop Approval Process Information
- Absence Feedback Information – Click Here: Aesop Absence Feedback Information
- Campus User Guide – Click Here: Aesop Campus User Guide
- Campus User Training Course – Click Here: Aesop Online Training Course
You must register with Aesop prior to obtaining assignments or requesting a substitute.