Student Teachers- Internships
Information for Student Teaching Candidates
For many years the district has had an outstanding reputation grounded in academic excellence. This is accomplished through the high quality of instruction provided on a daily basis by a dedicated, talented teaching staff; the breadth of academic and co-curricular offerings; superior facilities; services provided by an outstanding support staff; and the commitment of the school board, parents and community at large.
- Alliant University - General Education and Special Education candidates
- Brandman University – General Education and Special Education candidates
- Including internships as approved by the District and University
- CalPoly, San Luis Obispo – General Education and Special Education candidates
- Grand Canyon University - General Education and Special Education candidates
- Loma Linda University – Speech Pathologist candidates
- University of Phoenix – General Education and Special Education candidates
- Walden University - General Education and Special Education candidates
- Western Governor's University - General Education and Special Education candidates
- Apply for an approved university program
- Complete university requirements/work with your student teaching adviser for specific requirements to your credentialing program.
- Request Lucia Mar as your choice district with your student teaching adviser.
- Complete the College/University Student Placement Request Form for Human Resources
- The student teaching adviser will work with Human Resources staff to place you in an appropriate, high quality educational setting to complete program requirements.
Become a substitute for your mentor teacher
- Contact the Substitute Coordinator at (805) 474-3000 ext. 1199
- Complete a Substitute Teacher Application online
- Complete the necessary paperwork to obtain a 30-day Substitute Permit through Human Resources
- Complete necessary steps with CTC to obtain a Certificate of Clearance
- Complete fingerprinting requirements in the Human Resources department
- Receive an ID badge, Aesop information, and instructions.
- Student teachers are eligible to substitute for their mentor teachers up to 10 days during each student teaching quarter
- Please contact your university adviser or Human Resources for assistance.
- Vary throughout the year
- Day-to-day substitute
- Long-term substitute
- Literacy Support Tutors
- Summer School
- Bright Futures (After school program)