Professional Development Opportunities
Registration for professional development opportunities must be received in Human Resources three (3) days in advance to the date of training. Sessions will be cancelled if there are fewer than five (5) participants.
Priority registration is provided to secretary, clerical, and office staff for the first 30 registrants. Registration requests for all other employee groups will be added to a wait-list and contacted three (3) days in advance to the date of the training if a seat is available.
School Site Lead Secretaries: One work day has been added to your work year, as such if you do not attend a full day of training (2 half days), one (1) sick leave day will be deducted from your annual sick leave allotment.
Registration requests may be submitted to:
Courtney Rodrigues, Human Resources Coordinator
The Lucia Mar Unified School District has partnership programs with multiple universities that offer professional development courses that align with the District goals. Throughout the year these programs may offer District employees opportunities such as discounted tuition rates, free books, free iPads or Chromebooks, and/or scholarships
- University of Phoenix
- Brandman University: For county specific information please click HERE.
- For the 2020-2021 School Year: Brandman is offering District employees, their spouses, and dependents tuition reductions.
- 10% off general programs.
- 15% off credentialing programs.
- 20% off of the Masters of Arts in Education Leadership & Administration
- Scholarship may be available for complete programs only. Scholarships are not available for supplemental authorizations or other non-degree courses.
Please contact Human Resources or a University Adviser for more information.