Walk-on & Volunteer Coaches
The Human Resources department continuously seeks to hire qualified walk-on coaches, band assistants, and extra-curricular activity supervisors.
California Education Code Section 44919 requires school district to hire current certificated staff in walk-on coaching positions prior to any other individual. If a coaching position is not filled with a LMUSD certificated employee, the position can be filled with another individual.
- Complete necessary application requirements on Edjoin.
- Participate in a selection process with Athletic Directors and/or Supervisors.
- Contact Human Resources to receive a “new hire” packet.
- Contact Human Resources to complete fingerprint clearance requirements (SLOCOE/DOJ prints not accepted).
- Submit proof of a valid Tuberculosis test to Human Resources.
- When all items have been completed above, your name will be submitted to the School Board for approval.
- Once the School Board has approved your hire, you will be notified that you are cleared to begin working as a walk-on coach, band assistant, or extra-curricular activity supervisor.
- Individuals who serve as walk-on coaches, or assist with the drama and band programs are not considered consultants and must be employed by the school district as an employee.
- Fingerprints typically take 3-5 business days for processing time. However, if someone has a prior conviction on his/her record it may take up to 30 days or longer.
- If an individual has a previous felony conviction they will not be able to work for the Lucia Mar Unified School District.
- If you perform any services (work) for the District prior to being cleared, you will NOT receive a paycheck until you have completed all required items.