Walk-on & Volunteer Coaches
The Human Resources department continuously seeks to hire qualified walk-on coaches, band assistants, and extra-curricular activity supervisors.
California Education Code Section 44919 requires school district to hire current certificated staff in walk-on coaching positions prior to any other individual. If a coaching position is not filled with a LMUSD certificated employee, the position can be filled with another individual.
Information on How to Become Employed as a Coach
- Complete necessary application requirements on Frontline.
- Participate in a selection process with Athletic Directors and/or Supervisors.
- Human Resources will send all candidates selected for hire a new hire packet through Frontline.
- Submit all necessary supplemental documentation as required in the new hire process.
- All coaches must be fingerprinted with the Lucia Mar Unified School district. Appointments must be made online.
- Fingerprints typically take 3-5 business days for processing time. However, if someone has a prior conviction on his/her record it may take up to 30 days or longer. Unexpected delays in the transmission from the Department of Justice may occur, which may further delay processing time.
Once the School Board has approved your hire, you will be notified that you are cleared to begin working as a walk-on coach, band assistant, or extra-curricular activity supervisor.
DRIVING & TRANSPORTING STUDENTS
Individuals transporting students in a personal or private vehicle must register on an annual basis with the District:
- 2023-2024 DRIVER REGISTRATION FORMS (EMPLOYEE/WALK-ON COACHES ONLY)
- 2023-2024 VOLUNTEER COACH & DRIVER REGISTRATION FORMS
The district may provide transportation for students, employees, and other individuals for field trips and other school-related trips approved according to Board policy and administrative regulation. (AR 3541.1 Transportation for School-Related Trips)
Transportation by Private Vehicle: The Superintendent or designee may authorize the transportation of students by private vehicle when the vehicle is driven by an adult age 21 or older who possesses a valid California driver's license or, if he/she is a nonresident on active military duty in California, possesses a valid license from his/her state of residence. To be approved, a driver shall have a good driving record and possess at least the minimum insurance required by law. Any person providing transportation to district students in a private vehicle shall register with the district for such purposes. (AR 3541.1 Transportation for School-Related Trips)
Having the following documents readily available when completing the form will help expedite the submission process:
- Copy of valid California Driver's License
- Copy of valid Vehicle Insurance of Personal Vehicle
This form must be completed annually in order to be considered eligible to drive students in a personal and/or district vehicle.
A copy of your responses will be automatically sent to the email address you enter in this form.
805-474-3000 ext. 1196